TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (July 14, 2017) – Tallahassee Community College women’s basketball standout Lindsay John has signed a national letter of intent with Jacksonville University.
John, a six-foot guard from Cholet, France, wrapped up her two-year career with the Eagles by helping the team to a berth in the 2017 NJCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Championship, Tallahassee’s first since 2001.
John appeared in 56 career games and averaged 6.4 points, 3.5 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.3 steals.
She was voted second-team all-Panhandle Conference as a freshman, averaging 7.6 points, 2.6 rebounds and 3.4 assists.
Academically, John was a two-time member (2016, 2017) of the Panhandle Conference All-Academic team.
Jacksonville, a member of the Atlantic Sun Conference, is coming off a record-breaking 2016-17 season in which it won 23 games and made its first-ever appearance in the Women’s NIT.
Stepping Stones Series
- July 13: Deion Bute, men's basketball, Central Connecticut State University
- July 12: Kristin Gunter, softball, Alabama State University
- July 11: Deyvid Silva, baseball, University of South Alabama
- July 10: Nick Marchese, baseball, University of North Florida
- July 7: David Simmons, men's basketball, Middle Tennessee State University
- July 6: Brooks Buckler, baseball, Kennesaw State University
- July 5: Janessa Murphy, women's basketball, Georgia State University