TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (August 1, 2017) – Tallahassee Community College softball standout Raya Moncus has signed a national letter of intent with the University of West Georgia.
Moncus, a Georgia native, grew up in McDonough, approximately 90 minutes east of the West Georgia campus, which is located in Carrollton.
With Tallahassee, Moncus anchored the pitching staff for head coach Patti Townsend’s Eagles in 2016 and 2017. In 49 career appearances, she won 19 games, recorded one save and struck out a total of 144 batters.
Moncus totaled 274.1 career innings in the circle, including 150 in 2016-17 en route to 11 wins and a 3.03 ERA.
Moncus also excelled in the classroom at TCC, where she was named All-Academic by the FCSAA and Panhandle Conference in both 2016 and 2017. She was also named an NFCA Scholar-Athlete in 2016.
West Georgia, an NCAA Division II school, competes in the Gulf South Conference.
Stepping Stones Series
- July 28: Kiair Crouch, men's basketball, Angelo State University
- July 26: Aaron Haughton, baseball, Jackson State University
- July 25: Alycia Smith, softball, Webber University
- July 24: Nick Blasucci, baseball, University of Florida
- July 21: Jordan Curtis, baseball, Florida A&M University
- July 20: Casey Durham, softball, Alabama State University
- July 19: Elisa Cecchetti, softball, University of South Carolina Upstate
- July 18: Hunter Shuff, baseball, University of South Carolina-Aiken
- July 17: Jeanna Prisco, women's cross country, University of Mobile
- July 14: Lindsay John, women's basketball, Jacksonville University
- July 13: Deion Bute, men's basketball, Central Connecticut State University
- July 12: Kristin Gunter, softball, Alabama State University
- July 11: Deyvid Silva, baseball, University of South Alabama
- July 10: Nick Marchese, baseball, University of North Florida
- July 7: David Simmons, men's basketball, Middle Tennessee State University
- July 6: Brooks Buckler, baseball, Kennesaw State University
- July 5: Janessa Murphy, women's basketball, Georgia State University