TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (July 20, 2017) – Tallahassee Community College softball standout Casey Durham has signed a national letter of intent with Alabama State University.
Durham, who hails from McDonough, Ga., played for head coach Patti Townsend’s Eagles in 2016 and 2017.
Appearing in 86 career games with Tallahassee, Durham, an outfielder, batted .289 with six home runs and 37 RBIs. After batting .273 as a freshman, she raised her batting average 29 points to .302 in 2017 while striking out only 10 times in 129 at-bats.
Durham also starred in the classroom for the Eagles.
In 2016, she earned the NJCAA’s Exemplary Academic Achievement Award (3.6-3.79 GPA), was named an NFCA Scholar-Athlete and earned all-academic honors from both the FCSAA and Panhandle Conference.
She repeated the FCSAA and PC all-academic honors this spring.
Located in Montgomery, Ala., Alabama State plays in the Southwestern Athletic Conference. There, she will reunite with former Tallahassee teammate Kristin Gunter, another member of the Hornets’ signing class.
Stepping Stones Series
- July 19: Elisa Cecchetti, softball, University of South Carolina Upstate
- July 18: Hunter Shuff, baseball, University of South Carolina-Aiken
- July 17: Jeanna Prisco, women's cross country, University of Mobile
- July 14: Lindsay John, women's basketball, Jacksonville University
- July 13: Deion Bute, men's basketball, Central Connecticut State University
- July 12: Kristin Gunter, softball, Alabama State University
- July 11: Deyvid Silva, baseball, University of South Alabama
- July 10: Nick Marchese, baseball, University of North Florida
- July 7: David Simmons, men's basketball, Middle Tennessee State University
- July 6: Brooks Buckler, baseball, Kennesaw State University
- July 5: Janessa Murphy, women's basketball, Georgia State University