TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (July 12, 2017) – Tallahassee Community College softball standout Kristin Gunter has signed a national letter of intent with Alabama State University.
Gunter, a native of Pensacola, Fla., recently wrapped up her two-year stint with Coach Patti Townsend’s Eagles – and she did so in record-breaking fashion.
Gunter appeared in 46 games at third base for Tallahassee this past season and batted .343 while hitting 13 home runs, tying the school’s single-season record. She also drove in 39 runs and posted a .678 slugging percentage. Those numbers earned Gunter first-team all-Panhandle Conference honors from the league coaches.
Gunter delivered a second record-breaking performance in 2017 – her three home runs vs. St. Johns River State College on February 4 set a new school mark and helped her earn NJCAA National Player of the Week honors from Fastpitch News.
In 90 career games, Gunter batted .295 with 14 home runs and 62 RBIs.
Academically, Gunter was twice named All-Academic by the Panhandle Conference (2016, 2017).
Located in Montgomery, Ala., Alabama State plays in the Southwestern Athletic Conference.
Stepping Stones Series
- July 11: Deyvid Silva, baseball, University of South Alabama
- July 10: Nick Marchese, baseball, University of North Florida
- July 7: David Simmons, men's basketball, Middle Tennessee State University
- July 6: Brooks Buckler, baseball, Kennesaw State University
- July 5: Janessa Murphy, women's basketball, Georgia State University