TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (July 24, 2017) – Tallahassee Community College baseball standout Nick Blasucci has signed a national letter of intent with the national champion Florida Gators.
Blasucci, who is from Ft. Myers, Fla., played for his hometown Florida Gulf Coast University Eagles as a freshman before transferring to Tallahassee last summer.
At Florida Gulf Coast, Blasucci, a righty who stands 6-foot-3, saw action at shortstop before making four appearances as a pitcher over the final two weeks of the 2016 season.
Blasucci was expected to play a key role on the Tallahassee pitching staff in 2017 and, in fact, the Gators signed him as a pitcher, but he made only five appearances before a rash of injuries up and down the roster moved him into the Eagles’ everyday lineup at first base.
In 27 games, he batted .282 with two home runs and 11 RBIs. In his limited time on the mound, Blasucci was 0-1 with a 3.18 ERA and 11 strikeouts in 17 innings.
Stepping Stones Series
- July 21: Jordan Curtis, baseball, Florida A&M University
- July 20: Casey Durham, softball, Alabama State University
- July 19: Elisa Cecchetti, softball, University of South Carolina Upstate
- July 18: Hunter Shuff, baseball, University of South Carolina-Aiken
- July 17: Jeanna Prisco, women's cross country, University of Mobile
- July 14: Lindsay John, women's basketball, Jacksonville University
- July 13: Deion Bute, men's basketball, Central Connecticut State University
- July 12: Kristin Gunter, softball, Alabama State University
- July 11: Deyvid Silva, baseball, University of South Alabama
- July 10: Nick Marchese, baseball, University of North Florida
- July 7: David Simmons, men's basketball, Middle Tennessee State University
- July 6: Brooks Buckler, baseball, Kennesaw State University
- July 5: Janessa Murphy, women's basketball, Georgia State University