TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (July 21, 2017) – Tallahassee Community College baseball standout Jordan Curtis has signed a national letter of intent with Florida A&M University.
Curtis, a Tallahassee native who prepped at Lincoln High School, played his freshman season at Lander University before joining head coach Mike McLeod’s Eagles prior to his sophomore campaign.
Curtis, who played in 50 games as the Eagles’ starting centerfielder in 2017, blossomed into one of the premier leadoff hitters in the country, batting .370 with four home runs and 24 RBIs. He also threatened the school’s 22-year old stolen base record of 38, held by the late Ryan Freel, before ending the season with 34 steals, good for seventh nationally.
The Panhandle Conference coaches voted Curtis first-team all-PC, and he put on a solid performance for the Eagles at the FCSAA State Tournament. In two games, Curtis batted 4-for-10 with one home run and four RBIs.
Curtis is one of three members of the 2017 Eagles who will join Florida A&M, who competes in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference. Outfielder-turned-pitcher Chris Clark and catcher Bret Maxwell, both from St. Petersburg, Fla., and graduates of Northeast High School, are slated to join the Rattlers as preferred walk-ons.
Clark played in 37 games in 2017 and batted .227 with seven RBIs and nine stolen bases.
Maxwell appeared in only eight games before sustaining a season-ending injury but posted a .295 batting average, four homers and 25 RBIs as a freshman in 2016.
Stepping Stones Series
- July 20: Casey Durham, softball, Alabama State University
- July 19: Elisa Cecchetti, softball, University of South Carolina Upstate
- July 18: Hunter Shuff, baseball, University of South Carolina-Aiken
- July 17: Jeanna Prisco, women's cross country, University of Mobile
- July 14: Lindsay John, women's basketball, Jacksonville University
- July 13: Deion Bute, men's basketball, Central Connecticut State University
- July 12: Kristin Gunter, softball, Alabama State University
- July 11: Deyvid Silva, baseball, University of South Alabama
- July 10: Nick Marchese, baseball, University of North Florida
- July 7: David Simmons, men's basketball, Middle Tennessee State University
- July 6: Brooks Buckler, baseball, Kennesaw State University
- July 5: Janessa Murphy, women's basketball, Georgia State University